Today marks four years since Nelson Mandela died, aged 95. As the country and the world remembers the late former statesman on the fourth anniversary of his passing, here are five famous quotes from him:
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear
- There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living
- For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others
- Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another
- If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.
Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture series puts spotlight on gender
Launch of new Nelson Mandela-pioneered book is a success
How do you remember Nelson Mandela on the fourth anniversary of his passing? Tell us by posting your comments on our Facebook page.